25.11.08

new bowler for NZ-team for friday




Jeetan Patel replaces Kyle Mills


The offspinner Jeetan Patel will join New Zealand's squad for the second Test starting in Adelaide on Friday. Patel has been named to replace the fast bowler Kyle Mills, who missed out on a spot at the Gabba and will be released so he can play in the State Championship for Auckland this week.

"I was really disappointed not to play here, especially as the conditions up here and the humidity really suit my style of swing bowling," Mills said. "I will go home to get a bit of cricket because if I stayed here and did not play at Adelaide it would have meant three weeks without a game. While I haven't played here I have been working hard in the nets but getting a few games for Auckland will help me get and maintain some rhythm."

in picture abowe Jeetan Patel and Daniel Vettori

No comments: