24.11.08

News from down under


So it is Symonds again in trouble. But what do you think is this serious or does it have any affect on cricket? Sometimes these kind of player are good for the team because of their team spirit building abilityes. Well here is an article from fox sport news from Australia.
T: Admin.

Andrew Symonds's Test career in the balance after alleged bar-room brawl


November 24, 2008

TROUBLE-plagued cricketer Andrew Symonds says he was the victim of an overzealous fan following reports he was involved in a pub fight at a Brisbane hotel at the weekend.

Management of Brisbane's popular Normanby Hotel went into bat for the Queensland all-rounder as Cricket Australia launched its own investigations into the incident.

"It's been reported I was involved in a pub fight on Sunday night. I would just like to take the opportunity to clarify this report," said Symonds in a statement released through Queensland Cricket.

"A member of the public acted unreasonably towards me while I was with friends at which time I took steps to remove myself from the situation.

No comments: